Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Saying of the Week -

This past weekend I bought the latest Alejandro Fernandez CD. One of the songs is a rendition of the ever popular song El Rey. The lyrics have been on my mind. I have found myself repeating the following line from the song over and over with my students:

" No hay que llegar primero,
Pero hay que saber llegar."

Translation:
You don't have to get there first,
You just have to know how to get there.

Right now, for some reason, my second graders seem to be in a race to finish every darn thing we do. The work that is coming in is quite average and often times sloppy and poorly done. I have to try and turn this around WAY before state testing time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise words.

What's the name of his latest album.

Paz

Msabcmom said...

Alejandro Fernandez: En Directo, Sin Escalas. It is great!