Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Thank You KFC!


Who would have thought that I would ever be thanking Colonel Sanders for something? Not me. However, with Sabina's recent tonsillectomy, life has changed around here. Sabina's easy breezy days right after surgery are over. The past two days have been very rough. Her throat is just miserable. She is barely getting liquid or any food in because she would rather not eat than hurt. I have tried yogurt, mac-n-cheese, jello, pudding etc... basically, if it is soft, we have gone there. The one and only thing that she really seems to want or try and eat is KFC mashed potatoes. I have driven through the drive through window many times these past few days.

Luckily, the KFC is not far from home. It is so hard to watch your child suffer and not be able to do anything about it. I have really been trying everything I can to help her get through this. I know though that the only thing that will work is for her to just eat her way through the pain. We will get there - it will just take time. In the mean time, I will just keep going through that drive through window!

1 comment:

Patti said...

When I had my tonsils out everyone told me how lucky I was. I was going to be able to eat as much ice cream as I wanted. What no one told me was that I wouldn't want any ice cream. The soreness will go away pretty quick, don't worry.