Saturday, March 11, 2006

Mourner's Kaddish

Star of David

*************************
I went to service last night at the synagogue. I sat in front of one of our friends. Sadly, her husband of a great many years passed away this week suddenly and unexpectedly.

Several times during the course of services, the Mourner's Kaddish, or prayer, is recited. Sitting where I was, right in front of our friend, brought a whole new meaning of the prayer to me. I could hear our friend begin to chant the prayer breaking off several times through it because it was a bit much for her to take. I have to admit, it was quite hard for me to take too. I just kept thinking that just a week ago, her husband was with her. Who would have thought that so much in her life would change in the course of just 7 days?

We truly need to make sure that we cherish the people that we love in our life while we can. We also need to make sure that we live our lives to the fullest. We never know when our time will come.
*****************

1 comment:

Msabcmom said...

Thanks Paz!