Thursday, March 16, 2006

I am still amazed at Sabina's attitude and disposition after her surgery. She has been such a trooper. One of the things I have come to realize about my little Sabi is that she has quite a high tolerance for pain. She still hasn't asked for the pain medication. Sabi hasn't even complained about not feeling well. It is amazing.

Today she doesn't want to talk so much. I suspect that it must hurt when she talks even though she doesn't want to tell me this. I again made her take the pain medicine because I saw her squinting when she tried to swallow several times. The whole not talking thing is really funny. On most occasions I can't get the girl to be quiet. She has so much to say. So much that at times I have to just tune her out because it is just too much overload for me. Now, that she is SO quiet, I am missing her constant babble. I have been asking one question after another trying to figure out her state of mind and if she is in pain. Finally I asked her if I was talking too much and if she wanted me to shut up. She just smiled and sheepishly nodded. Poor baby - I am overloading her now!

Aside from the quietness, Sabina and I have been enjoying watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. If she is up to it, we will work on painting a stained glass picture frame later today. We will see.

No comments: