Monday, January 30, 2006

100th Day of School

Our 100th day of school will be on Friday. For all of you non-teachers out there, the 100th day of school is BIG STUFF! We have been counting down (or up!) to the 100th day since the first day of school. I usually have a little celebration and activity for the 100th day of school.

Calling all Teacher readers of this blog:
This year I want to do something new. I am tired of all of my old 100th day activities. Please e-mail me or leave a comment for me with your 100 th day activities that you do with your students.

Thanks,
Kelly

3 comments:

GuusjeM said...

Have each group create a story using only 100 words - or do it as a class project with the entire class - I forget what grade your teach! Give them a piece of paper with 100 blank spaces, one for each word. Tell them you will require complete sentances etc. It's fun and you'll get some amzing stories.

La Brown Girl said...

I never even thought about doing this. I'll be checking back to see what suggestions you get.

MsAbcMom said...

I like the 100 word story idea. I will try that!

THe one thing I will keep of the things that I do is the 100th Day, 100 piece trail mix. I bring in pretzel sticks, raisins, peanuts, marshmallows and M & M's. The kids have to come up with an equation using all of the ingredients that is equal to 100. After that, they need to write a recipe for their snack. When both the equation and the recipe have been written and approved I let them make their trail mix.

(I do limit the amount of M & M's and marshmallows!) :-)