Thursday, November 03, 2005

¡Feliz Día de la Independencia!

Panama_Flag

Today is Panamá's Independence Day.

I will be going into Sabi's classroom to share this special day with her friends. Here is a picture of her last year in her Basquiña dancing to Al Tambor.

Al Tambor

Here is a picture of me in my Pollera when I was about 8 0r 9 years old:

Kelly La Panameña 1977

Click here to see a picture of my brother Nebur in a Montuno when he was about 3 or 4 and here to Sabi in the Montuno when she was 3.

Here is a picture of me in the junior high years dressed as a Kuna Indian, one of the several native indian tribes in Panamá.

Halloween - Junior High Years
Want to know more about Panamá? Visit the following links:

1) La Prensa - Newspaper

2) The President's Webiste (Martin Torrijos)

3) Institute of Tourism

Lots of love to all my Panamanian friends and family here and in Panamá.

Conjunto Viva Panamá


No comments: