Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Civic Duty

I am done with Jury Duty. There were two cases up for jury selection today. One in the AM and one in the PM. The AM case was resolved by 9:30 but we had to hang out and see if they could get the PM one started earlier. We waited until 11:15 or so. We were then told to go to lunch and come back at 1:15. At 2:11 we were told that the PM case had also been settled and we were free to go. What a LONG day! I spent the day reading my new book by Al Franken: The Truth: With Jokes and listening to my iPod. I heard the complete Alejandro Fernandez musical collection in honor of the concert that I will be missing tonight in Panamá.

Looking around at my fellow potential jurors I kept thinking of my dad. He would have labled most of them as "gentusa!" There were definitely some scary folks hanging out down there with me.

I have to say that I am glad that we were dismissed. I will officially start my vacation on Thursday and I really don't want to spend my very short vacation on jury duty.

There was a good thing that came out of this day - I got to spend time with my little brother Nebur. I met him at his office and we had a nice lunch together. Well, we had a nice time together - the food made me sick and the place smelled. (but that is another story...) Thanks for lunch little bro! :-)

No comments: