Thursday, June 08, 2006

Take Your Daughter, Granddaughter and Niece to Work Days

On Monday and Tuesday Sabi came to work with me. Yesterday she went with her Bubbe to work at the High School and today she will be going to work with her Tío at his law office. She has been having the best time.

It was funny to hear her talk about getting ready to go to High School. The first thing she did was run around the house doing the happy dance and singing "I'm going to La Secundaria, I'm going to La Secundaria!" Then she had a serious thought about wardrobe. She decided on her Frida Kahlo t-shirt and some black gaucho pants/shorts because "It is cool mom. It's what the high school students wear!"

Today she is going to the law office. She told me that she didn't have anything to wear. I said "You have a closet full of clothes!" She then informed me that on tv when people go to court they wear suits. She doesn't have a suit. I convinced her that a dress would do just fine.

I think she will be writing about her adventures on her blog either today or tomorrow. When she does, I will add the link to her new post.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

sabi is so cool. it was years before i cared to be that fashionable. good luck for those teenage years! ;)