Saturday, June 03, 2006

Dinner

My dinner looks so good tonight that I have to blog about it!!!

Green Bean Salad

About 2 years ago, my family and I went to Laguna Beach and had lunch at Scott B's house. Mrs. B., his mother made several different salads. One of them was this yummy dish. We make it in the summer time. It is a very refreshing salad that serves as the entire meal for us since it is so filling.

Here is the recipe:


GREEN BEAN SALAD

1 ½ lbs green beans
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
¼ c. olive oil
1 tsp. tarragon
½ tsp salt
½ cup parsley (minced)
½ cup chopped olives
1/3 lb. Swiss cheese – in small strips or cubes
½ cup each red and green pepper
3 to 4 T. lemon juice
1 T. red wine vinegar
½ c. toasted sliced almonds (or more)

Steam beans until tender. Rinse in cold water. Drain. Combine other ingredients except lemon and vinegar and almonds. Add beans, toss and marinate 2-3 hours. Add juice, vinegar and almonds 10 minutes prior to eating.

Notes –
You'll want to about double the recipe for potlucks.
I add in the lemon and vinegar with the rest of the marinade
The original version uses ½ t. dill and 2 tsp mustard. Add if you like it. My mom loves it that way but I prefer it this way.

**********************
I am making tabbouleh for for dinner tomorrow. If it remember, I will take a picture of it and put the recipe up as well!

5 comments:

Msabcmom said...

I knew it would get your attention! The green beans are straight from the Farmer's Market too!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

And the directions to your house are?

Msabcmom said...

Guusje: You are more than welcome to come over for a bowl but it would be faster if you made it yourself. It is really quite easy. You should also try the Tabouli salad I made. Another easy and refreshing dish!

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.