Friday, May 25, 2007

SOOOOOOOOO Ready for the Weekend

Today was rotten.

The kids were fidgety all morning long. It was like watching a pot boil knowing that sometime soon, the lid would come off and madness would flow all over.

After lunch, the kids got a bad case of "potty-itis." EVERYONE needed to go to the bathroom. I started out by telling them no but then they started in with the potty-dance and I sent them one by one just in case. (I didn't want any accidents in the room!) The last two boys I sent within 5 minuted of each other. I staggered their departure from the room thinking that this way they wouldn't overlap and play in the bathroom. WRONG!

When they didn't return 10 minutes later, I gathered up my class and went on a trip to find these little guys. Guess where they were? They were whooping it up in the bathroom flushing and re-flushing the toilets to make them overflow. Let me tell you, I was MAD!

I marched them up to the office but the principals weren't there. I then sent my boys to a 6th grade teacher for counseling. When they returned, they had to call their parents in front of me and tell them what happened. After school, I walked them over to meet our custodian who had to clean up after them.

I covered all of the bases but I am still enraged. Why? After all I did with these boys, they had not one word or look of remorse. They were sorry that they were caught but I am sure that they will try it again. No respect.

It is such a good thing that I have a 3 day weekend becauseI need a break.

6 comments:

jennifer said...

that's horrible, kelly, but it sounds like you handled it really well. i hope that you have a great weekend. you deserve it!

Georgina Baeza said...

I'm sorry. They will learn with great examples like you. You know that for some of them it takes a little bit longer.

Dree said...

Lol... sounds like my girls in the bathroom. I don't know what the attraction is, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to spend any more time than I absolutely have to in those bathrooms. I catch mine all the time standing on the toilets, locking the stall and then crawling out, and their personal favorite: loading the sink with soap and then turning on the water. Bubbles galore. :)

Unknown said...

We are having the same problems. Water fights, toilet stuffing and general nasty vandalism. What is it these days with elementary age kids and plumbing? Why do they want to destroy it?

Unknown said...

I always call pottyitis
"Domino Bladders"

Msabcmom said...

Wow! What a great thing that I was able to separate myself from this problem. I have relaxed this weekend and put the event out of my mind. I am ready to go back tomorrow and start fresh.

Thanks for your words of encouragement everyone!