Friday, October 14, 2005

Thank Goodness!!!

This week I went to my daughter's parent-teacher conference. It was SO awesome. Her teacher really knew her stuff. I was presented with excellent work samples and very detailed assessments in both reading and in math. The teacher told me that my daughter was excelling academically but also told me some very important areas of needed focus for my daughter such as penmanship, working independently and slowing down when completing assignments to ensure correct answers instead of making careless mistakes.

I felt SO good after the meeting. I still do and two days have passed! I know that my daughter is being serviced appropriately at her level. What is even more important though is that I believe that this teacher truly appreciates my daughter for who she is and what she brings to the classroom. What a change from last year...!!!

Thank goodness for good teachers! :-)

No comments: