Thursday, October 19, 2006

Important Info

This week my student teacher and I realized that not only do some of our students not know how to spell their last names, they don't even KNOW their last names! On top of that...they don't know important stuff like their birthdate, address and phone number.

How can this be? I had Sabi learn this info at 3 years old. I made up some hokey song with all of that info, she learned it and I felt better about her safety. It is EASY to do!

One of our class assignments for this coming week will be to study all of the above mentioned important personal info. I will turn it into a quiz for each student. I will keep giving the kids the test until they memorize and master ALL of that info. I can't let that just go untaught and unmastered. It is too important.

No comments: