Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Birds, The Bees and Ladybugs

Today we released out butterflies. We went over to grab the ladybugs to release them too. One of the kids got there before I did and said " Ms. V! I think the ladybugs are dead. No...wait... they are fighting I think. They are beating each other up." Of course all of the kids had to run over to see what was going on. Well. What do you think was happening??? NATURE! The ladybugs had coupled up and were busy getting busy! Well, not all of the ladybugs. There were 3 busy couples and one lone ladybug with no partner. (I can relate!)

What did I tell the kids? I said , "maybe they are just getting cold in here and want to cozy up with a friend!"

They are second graders.

It worked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's a good one!

Paz