Monday, June 18, 2007

New Week, New Perspective

In my last post I complained about how bad it is at school. Today, life was much better. The kids were fine and we made it through the day just fine. It probably didn't hurt that I told them that if they were good they could participate in a paint activity in the afternoon. I started a color investigation unit with the students. I taught them primary colors and secondary colors. We made a color wheel and we mixed colors. It was fun. I wish I had taken pictures of it.

After art, we went out to recess/P.E. I spent some time talking to a fellow teacher who is suffering this week as I was last week. It was so bad that she cried when she vented with me. She told me that she would be ok and that she realizes that things get crazy at the end of the year but it was just too overwhelming her today. I can totally sympathize.

On a side note, Sabina came to school with me today to help out. She was excited to learn that I was going to have her run a Scrabble Jr. center. She got everything all set up and was raring to go. After the 3rd rotation, she came over to my table and looked pretty ragged. I asked what was going on and she said "these kids are driving me crazy, I don't know how you do it!" All I could do was hug her and kiss her forehead. I know the pain!!! :-)

5 comments:

Suvii said...

Kelly, it sounds as if you are the most awesome teacher ever! From what you mention, it sounds as if you always come up with the best activities! I don't recall elementary school being that much fun!

On a side note....I'm also hereby tagging you... see my blog for more info.... : )

Coco said...

Poor Sabi...I hope this doesn't push her away from a teaching career! ; )

My partner teacher and I were commenting yesterday that somehow/somewhere in our school day, we need to add more Art.

*a few more days 'til vacation : )
you can do it!! : )

Blessings.

Julissa said...

You and every other hard working teacher deserve their break!!!! RELAX :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! So now, Sabina sees what mom goes through and is even more appreciates your experiences. That's great she's able to help out.

Well, I've been listening to your sweetie Alejandro Fernandez all week at work (I only have one of his CDS) and when I listen to him, it reminds me of you. So, it reminded me to stop by here, something I haven't been able to do in quite some time.

Glad to see you're doing well.

Best,
Paz

CookingDiva - Chef Melissa said...

Kelly, me encanta que Sabi conozca lo exhaustivo que puede ser tu trabajo. It is fantastic that she understands what you go through! Have a beautiful Sunday :)