Friday, September 22, 2006

The Air We Breathed

Today was our first Spare the Air Alert Day due to a fire, far away in Yolo County. The air was atrocious. It was smoky outside and breathing was just near impossible. The kids, and I, all arrived at school with horrible headaches and burning eyes. Around 9:45 we received an e-mail stating that an Orange Alert was issued by the County Air Board. We were advised to limit our time outside with our kids. Then, around 11:30, we were told that we had been upgraded to a Red Alert. Red alert means stay in side and no recess. Aside from the fact that the air was miserable, the wind was blowing pretty hard and dust was flying. My worst nightmare. I was sneezing, and coughing all day long.

To top it all off, we had a performance today. My class joined the 4th and 5th graders in a performance for Constitution Day. The kids were anxious about the performance and were extra crazy. The performance went well but it was a lot of work getting there.

Today was an exhausting teaching day. The kids were nuts and I didn't have the patience. It was all I could do to get home today. TGIF!

No comments: