Sunday, January 06, 2008

Vacation is Over!

I can't believe that today is my last day of vacation. Where did the time go? Here is a list of how I spent my vacation:

1) Hosted my aunt and uncle for a few days: It is always fun to have them visit. We get to hear them play some good music, have nice talks and play board games! On this trip, they brought their digital recorder and recorded a live performance of themselves playing with Sabina!

2) Spent time with my dad: Dad came to visit us from Panama. Even though he knows what out weather is like here, it was still a shock coming from the tropics! We had some good times and good food!

3) Spent the entire vacation being sick! I started with a sore throat and no voice, got somewhat better and then got another throat bug...yuck!

4) Baked and cooked: My favorites include the stained glass cookies, Ruben's empanadas and making homemade cranberry sauce.

5) Read: I was able to get in some good reading time over the break. I just finished this good book. Check it out if you like murder mysteries! Sabina has been enjoying this book. (I must admit, I like her book too!)

6) Went back to the gym! Aaron got us on a new idea. We have set a monthly goal for miles to walk, run, bike, etc. He sent us a program to track our miles and we will make our way around the U.S. Cool!
*************
I really like this whole vacation thing. I do not want to go back to work but I guess it will take me one step closer to my next vacation!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

sounds like a great vacation! mine was far too short. :(