Thursday, July 20, 2006

AC PROBLEMS!

Last night my mom noticed water leaks around the top edge of one of her walls and in a concentrated area above her tv. After some investigation in the attic, it appears that we have an air conditioning unit leak. We immediately turned the AC unit off. This morning I called the company that makes the unit and installed it. They informed me that they would be happy to come out on AUGUST 8th!!! Can you believe it? They also wanted to remind me that I shouldn't use the AC until then. I reminded them that it is JULY and the temps have been in the neighborhood of 108! I don't want to mention any names but they are idiots!

After my irritating call with that company, I called several local companies. Each one of them said they could fit me in but were apologetic about the fact that they couldn't come out until tomorrow or next week. I grabbed the appointment for tomorrow. Interestingly enough, this company went on to further apologize to me because since our visit will be an attic visit, they only do those at 7:00 or 8:00 in the am. Problem? I don't think so. We are early birds. By tomorrow morning we will be sweaty early birds who will be MORE than happy to have a visitor at that time.

I am crossing my fingers that the damage won't be too huge...

2 comments:

Msabcmom said...

I am also sharing in the same hope. At this rate though I would be happy to pay almost anything!

As for the early bird thing it is a family trait (curse) that I happened to inherit. My daughter also has the same family curse so there is no rest from the little one early in the am!

Msabcmom said...

Oso:
Get a fan. While you are at it get AC! How do you do it my friend? It was over 100 in my house last night. Today's forecast is for 112. I am going to have to call an emergency repair guy (or gal) to come out today. It is just insane!