Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday

Today was ok - not the great day I thought it would be but not the worst either.
************************
Breakfast: We went to breakfast with my brother Nebur. Mimi's was the location. I don't really enjoy eating breakfast foods. But I do enjoy getting a chance to hang out with him.
The best thing about breakfast: Working together as a family to help Sabina find all of the items on the Kid's Menu picture on the Find It picture part of the Menu.
The worst thing about breakfast: The corned beef hash - YUCK. Don't eat this nasty stuff ever!

Sabina and Jack


Pumpkin Patch: We went to a pumpkin patch close by. The corn maze was in bad shape. The corn had been run down by kids who have chosen not to take the path. It was so bad that yellow caution tape had been taped around the original path so people knew the right way to go. Pitiful!

Corn Maze

I went to take my daughter on a pony ride after that. The ponies were very cute. There were 6 ponies all hitched up to a contraption that went around in circles. My daughter loved the pony ride but I couldn't help but feel sorry for the ponies . What a dismal life - walking around in circles all day long and having kids jump on your backs. Poor things.



Birthday Party: We went to a birthday party for a little brother of my daughter's friend. It was held at Gym Stars. The kids go there for gymnastics class already so it was an extra fun treat to go there for a party. The party set up was great. The kids had the entire gym to themselves. There were 4 party facilitators to run the party. There were about 15 kids and about 20 adults. The kids ate pizza, of course, and the parents dined on Indian food catered from a local restaurant - YUMMY. I am considering this location for Sabina for next year.

What I didn't like about the party (and all other kid birthday parties): the socialization. I HATE, HATE, HATE meeting other parents and mingling with some of the ones that I know from the party circuit. Eventually I always get asked about what my husband does or some other relationship question. Then I have to say that I am not married, etc... I get two responses from this.

1) I get the direct and personal questions: Does her dad ever see her? How come you are not with her dad anymore? How do you manage to do everything by yourself etc...

2) I get smiled at and then ignored as if I have some sort of disease. Really people, singledom is not catching!

Being single sucks sometimes. Heck - it is not cool a lot of the times.

The party was not a total wash though. The kids had a blast, as they should.

On the way home I stopped by Starbucks and got my standard Venti, nonfat, sugar free vanilla latte. Yummy! Life is not all that bad...

No comments: