Monday, January 12, 2009

What they don't have in Hawaii

I just finished watching my novela and it brought me back to something that happened to me when we were in Hawaii last month.

One night I was in the hotel room flipping through the channels and trying to find something to watch. I found nothing but kept flipping through the channels as if something I wanted to watch would miraculously appear on the screen. I did find several channels in Japanese. That was interesting for a few minutes but after the novelty wore off, I turned off the tv.

The next night I did the same thing. I flipped through the channels again. I knew that I was missing something and then it hit me...there were no stations in Spanish! I am so used to (dependent upon) my Spanish channels. I like to watch the evening news on Univision, I like to watch Despierta America in the morning. I like to watch old novelas on Telefutura. I enjoy picking up stray novelas on other channels like TV Azteca and Galavision. None of these channels were in the lineup in Hawaii. AAUGH!!!

As it turns out, I did survive without Spanish tv. Hawaii has many wonderful things to offer. It was just interesting to see how different it was.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Ms. I tagged you in the most recent post on my blog:

http://theothermother.typepad.com/blog/2009/01/7-things-meme.html

Do I owe you an apology?

Mrs. T said...

Geez- we've got 3 here on the prairie!

Msabcmom said...

I think we have 6 Spanish channels in all. I don't watch them all but I like knowing that they are there!

Patti said...

That's kind of awesome that you noticed :)