Sunday, December 23, 2007

Random Act of Kindness

My grandmother called me today after she went to church to check in. She said that after church was over she and a friend decided to go out to eat lunch at a nearby restaurant. When it came time to pay for the meal they were informed that their meals were covered by "that couple over there!" My grandmother said that she and her friend looked over at the young couple and didn't recognize them. Perplexed, they got up to leave and thank the couple but by the time they made it to the table, the couple was gone. My grandmother still doesn't know who did this for her but left with good holiday spirit as well as a full stomach!!!

That story made my day.

5 comments:

Mrs. T said...

I love stories like this. It's like there are angels here on earth that just do good, without asking for anything in return.

Dree said...

What a great story! Makes me wanna go out and do that for someone.

Suvii said...

I love stories like this too! it reminds me there is still so much good in the world, despite all the evil and horror we hear about. Hope you and Sabi are well. I've been absent from the blogging world, but finally posted and finally had time to visit old friends!

cindylu said...

I love stories of random acts of kindness (especially when I'm the beneficiary, hah). Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.