Saturday, September 20, 2008

School

This year is rough. Most of my students are really, low. To make it worse, half of them are still 6. The difference between a 6 year old and 7 year old student is HUGE! Additionally, my students, for the most part, don't have the ganas (desire) to learn. It isn't that they are opposed to it, they would just rather play all day long. I come exhausted every day.

I do have a few bright lights in the class that make it worth showing up each day. One if them is Natalia. I love this kid. She reminds me of the main character from Hairspray both with her physical appearance and her upbeat spirit. She just lights up my day.

I have been working on progress reports for the past hour. Many of them are depressing. However, I just came to Natalia's report and found myself smiling just thinking about her. I have to admit that even though I am appreciating my weekend, I am really looking forward to see this gem on Monday. Thank goodness for the Natalia's of the world!

No comments: